PREMIUM SATIN DURAGS.
Satin durags are efficient when it comes to compression for forming 360 waves. They are not as good as silk ones, but they still offer a tight fit. The one thing that makes them better than silk durags is their light weight. They are very comfortable to wear.
Wearing satin durags at night allow your hair to stay in place, but also provides crucial airflow to your scalp.
What is a premium satin durag?
A durag is a close-fitting headwear worn on the head to keep your hair in place, and in cases of waving, it is intended to keep the waves in place without letting them seem messy or frizzy. A satin premium durag is all you need in case you have curly or coil-y hair.
When it comes to satin as the fabric material used for your durag, you are in luck due to its unique properties.
What are the benefits of having the perfect satin durag?
Satin is as beneficial to the skin as it is to your hair. The fact that wavers are more often than not in the Afro-Caribbean hair type means that the majority of them use satin durags as a great alternative or perfect choice for their hair type.
Here is a list of benefits of wearing a satin durag;
- Allows air penetration - A durag is better than other conventional head-covers because air can penetrate it. A silk durag might look like it will cause excess heat but it doesn’t. Your scalp will be able to breathe even with the compression. You won’t feel uncomfortable and your hair won’t be itchy due to heat.
- Helps to retain moisture – Preservation of moisture is essential to keep your waves looking lustrous at all times.
- Helps reduce hair tangles- Keeping your hair untangled is the main objective of your satin durag. Maintaining your waves is imperative while you are doing sports activities or sleeping.
What is the difference between satin and silk?
Silk or Satin, both hold merit when it comes to maintaining your waves. Depending on your preference, you can manage with either of the two. Here are the main differences between satin and silk:
- Silk is a naturally occurring fabric retrieved from the cocoons of silkworms. The fibers are unwound from the silkworm cocoons and then woven into cloth.
- Silk shimmers against the light.
- It is made from a natural protein made by silkworms which makes it strong and durable. While hard to produce, silk threads are made by literally thousands of worms, which makes them somewhat more expensive than other products.
- Satin on the other hand is a man-made material. It can compose of materials such as; nylon or polyester.
- Satin is more delicate than silk, so it needs more careful handling.
- Satin does not shimmer but has a glossy appearance.
- Silk is the same on both sides, while the manufacturing process leaves satin with a dull flat back.
- Satin can shrink up to 10%-20% if washed in hot water.
Satin durag for braids
How to take care of your silk durag.
Every waver has the responsibility to care for the condition of their satin durag. It is vital to schedule a weekly wash to make sure that you eliminate product build-up, bacteria, fungal and mold growth.
With that said, make sure you do not use a washing machine to cleanse your durag as this may ruin the fabric.
It is a delicate material even though it is artificial, so careful measures should be followed to avoid damaging the fabric. Frankly, the price to pay for a damaged durag is not worth the risk of cleaning it with a washing machine or using a dryer. A well-maintained durag may serve you for years. In short, keep your durag out of the washer and dryer to increase its lifespan and maintain its quality. Instead;
- Soak it in a basin with some warm water, (NOT HOT) and cleaning soap for about a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Hand wash it gently.
- Rinse it in clean water.
- Hang it from direct sunlight to prevent it from tanning.
Where to buy satin durags?
Satin durags are considered a good option for compressing and maintaining waves to some. Their light glossy appearance and fine texture are perfect for taking out on a warm day or a workout. Look no further than Freshcoupes for your premium satin durag.
What do you stand to gain from choosing our top-rated silk durags?
Freshcoupes has devoted its time to help you feel comfortable in your skin and hair. You also count on the convenience that we are open to comments, recommendations, and testimonials of how far you have come and help guide you further into your hair goals.
Things to note!
These durags are the best in the market but are only as effective as the work you put into your hair. Satin is more economical and therefore has more people inclining towards this aspect. However, satin is a suitable material for maintaining waves.
These products are just meant to bring your already washed, brushed, and moisturized waves to life.