The durag bundle in this case is all the categories involving durags. These durags vary from silky velvet durags to matching durag and bonnet sets. You can get these amazing selections from Freshcoupes to begin or enhance your hair journey.
Regular Silky durags
The first on the list is quite popular and available in a variety of sizes and colors. Lest we forget, curly hair is the driest, most frizzy, and most prone to breakage and damage. This makes silk the most ideal fabric to support healthy hair growth due to its ability to both be breathable and retain moisture.
Silky durag & wave cap bundle
This bundle comes in two components. They are both essential when creating and maintaining 360 waves. Wave caps can also provide compression to lay your hair down, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping in your wave cap by itself as it tends to move if you toss and turn at night. Using a durag is the recommended way to compress your waves when going to bed. Wavers use their durag during their wash session.
Premium Satin durags
Satin durags are efficient when it comes to compression for creating 360 waves. They are not as good as silk ones, but they still offer a tight fit. The one thing that makes them better than silk durags is their light weight. They are very comfortable to wear. Wearing satin durags at night allow your hair to stay in place, but also provides crucial airflow to your scalp.
Silky durag and bonnet bundle
Silk bonnets and durags alike prevent hair breakage, and reduce hair thinning, without forming split ends. They control your hair from tangling and leave your hair soft due to the retained moisture. If you are looking to match with your girlfriend or wife, this is the perfect bundle to get. They come in a variety of colors and sizes to choose from.
Velvet durag bundle
elvet durag bundles are primarily used for waves to set and maintain waves and are quite durable. As a choice of headwear in the same class as silk durags, they come with their own set of advantages and preferences to the wave community. Velvet retains slightly more moisture than silk, due to its heavier composition of fabric. This is because velvet may sometimes have satin or silk woven into it, for durability or to reinforce its ability to retain moisture and warmth.
What are the benefits of having durag bundles?
The fact that wavers are more often than not in the Afro-Caribbean hair type means that the majority of them use durags and bonnets in their day-to-day lives. Thanks to the way the hair grows out while having a durag on, a silk durag and bonnet have great benefits.
Below are several benefits of having durag bundles for your braids and natural hair, or in your arsenal as a waver;
- Helps to retain moisture – preservation of moisture is essential to keep your waves looking lustrous at all times.
- Helps keep your style intact – keeping your hair intact as you do your daily chores and going to sleep with your durag or bonnet on makes all the difference.
- Allows air penetration - A durag, wave cap, or bonnet is better than other conventional head-covers because air can penetrate it. A silk durag or bonnet might look like it will cause excess heat but it does not. Your scalp will be able to breathe even with the compression. You won’t feel uncomfortable and your hair won’t be itchy due to heat.
- Helps to reduce friction - One of the major benefits of wearing a durag wave cap, or bonnets is to reduce friction in the hair. Friction can occur while you sleep or when your hair is tangled.
How to take care of your durag bundle.
Every waver has the responsibility to care for the condition of their durag or bonnet. It is vital to schedule a weekly wash to make sure that you eliminate product build-up, bacteria, fungal and mold growth.
It is essential to make sure you do not use a washing machine to cleanse your durag as this may ruin the fabric.
The best quality natural silk is never synthetic fabrics, so strict measures should be adhered to avoid damaging the fabric. Frankly, the price to pay for a damaged durag bundle or bonnet is not worth the risk of cleaning it with a washing machine or using a dryer. A well-maintained durag may serve you for years. In short, keep your durag, wave cap, or bonnet out of the washer and dryer to increase its lifespan and maintain its quality. Instead;
- Soak it in a basin with some warm water, (NOT HOT) and cleaning soap for about a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Hand wash it gently.
- Rinse it in clean water.
- Hang it from direct sunlight to prevent it from tanning.